Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sunday January 17, 2010-Stephen F. Austin SP

Today was a very laid back day. We planned to just veg out and watch the football playoffs today, but we began with breakfast and what we thought would be a quick check of the restrooms, but we found them pretty messy. We washed down and swept both restrooms and got through about 10 o'clock. I came back home and started the football bonanza for today. I got to watch some of my car shows first, but at noon the football games began.

Congratulations to the Minnesota Vikings and the New York Jets. There are a lot of Cowboy fans around Texas, especially here in this house. I made a bet against the Cowboys with Christina because I really wanted the "old man" Favre to win. I got razzed a lot about betting against the Cowboys, but Favre was just too sharp for the 'Boys. Christina was very gracious in paying her bet, and my money was taped to the front door when we woke the next morning.


I have started sleeping later in the mornings. I still wake in the middle of the night, around 3 AM but have started going back to sleep either in my chair or going back to bed when its cold and sleeping until 7 or 8 o'clock. I can't explain why I still wake so early, but guess its just a habit that I've grown accustomed to. I get plenty of sleep and don't feel tired but I still get a nap in my chair in the afternoon when we're not busy doing other things.


My dilemma now is who I am going to root for in the NFC Championship game. Do I pull for the "Who Dat" Saints or the old man again and the Minnesota Vikings? Right now I don't know who it will be but I will make up my mind before the game starts.


We checked the restrooms again late in the afternoon and had to do some more work there. We really can't complain about the amount of work we have had to do since being here. The cold weather pretty much kept everyone out of the park for the first 12 days and rain at the beginning of this week kept some of the others out, so we've had a pretty easy time of it so far. I'm sure this will change before we leave here if not this month, in March for sure.

So long.

No comments: