Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday April 4, 2011-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

We are down to 6 guys at coffee now, and it's almost to the point that its too much trouble to do. I'll probably keep it going until we leave in May, but after that, who knows? I did make just enough this morning for everyone to have as much as they wanted, so that was a good thing. The bad thing is that I never know who is going to show up, so how much I make is only a guess. Hope my luck holds out. A cold front came in this morning and there was heavy rain and possible hail forecast. Stella was in the process of cutting my hair outside when the front blew in and again, it was fun to be outside when the weather changed. We ran some errands and went to the Louetta Upholstery store to check on having our recliners recovered and any defects repaired. The man in the store said they would only give an estimate if I brought the chairs in, and then told me that the labor alone to recover would be at least $450 not including the material which could run as high as $50per yard. We thanked him for his time and left. That's crazy... We returned home and while I was surfing the net, I noticed that the temperature here is still 71 degrees but it's a sizzling 102 in Mission! (where we just left in February) Not only that, but it's 45 degrees in Elkhart Indiana where we are going next month. Talk about a difference! We said goodbye to Bob and Peggy who will be leaving very early in the morning for So. Dakota. They had planned to leave on Sunday but the weather to the north kept them here. I also spoke with Dick, who is also leaving in the morning, but he's only going to Nacogdoches and plans to stay in the same park that we are looking at. I'm still working on our route and will let you know when we finalize it. So long.

No comments: