Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday July 2, 2012-Mountain View RV Resort

 Saturday we rested up from our trip here from Cody. Sunday morning we went to a patriotic church service here in the park that was very nice. After church, we went into Creede for lunch at the Blue Creek Inn along with Pat and Lori and our new friends Bill & Mary and Jim & Alice. The company was much better than the food but although somewhat high priced, the food quality was at best so-so.

Today was our first day of doing much of anything in the area. We went with Pat and Lori to the headwaters of the Rio Grande River and saw some beautiful country and rivers and a spectacular waterfall. I'm sorry to say that even though I took photos of our sights, the park wifi is so slow they wouldn't upload onto my blog. I am hopeful that when the 4th of July crowd is gone, things will get back to normal and I will add the photos.

The weather has certainly been cooperating for us. It has been in the mid  40's in the morning and mid 70's in the afternoon, except for today which has been damp and rainy with temps in the mid 60's. I know that some of you are in triple digit temperatures, so I won't say much more, but the weather has had much to do with where we choose our summers. Wish you were here!

So long.

No comments: