Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sunday June 15, 2014-Moving Day-Bethpage to Madison/Pittsburgh KOA

We were up pretty early to get ready to pull out. I had already taken the porch and steps down, as I always do and put away most of the outside furniture and other "stuff", so a lot of my work was already done. I went down to the rally hall to have the continental breakfast. It turned out to be a complete breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon and an assortment of sweet breads, a really good breakfast. Stella asked me to bring her something back, which I did after saying goodbye to lots of folks that were there for breakfast too. Hugs and handshakes were exchanged with many, including Dave and Nancy who are sadly heading back to Texas to see and love on a new grand daughter that has just been born. We'll catch up with them again at the Regional rally in Amana if not before.

We pulled out a few minutes after 9 and were soon on the freeways around Washington DC and on our way to Pennsylvania. Most of our trip today was on freeways so we made really good time. We made one pretty long rest stop in Maryland where I capped a few Munzees and got a good walk in. I think it is good for me to walk around these rest stops. We are not on that strict of a schedule and I feel so much better at the end. We made one other stop at a service plaza on the Pennsylvania toll road and pulled into the Madison/Pittsburgh KOA a bit after 5.

The first disconcerting thing that we learned about this place is that they just dug a new water well and the water is heavily chlorinated and not suitable for drinking. They had several cases of gallon bottles of spring water for the guests to use, so we took some with us. This park is a DUMP! Many long term renters are here in run down trailers and lots and lots of big dogs being walked. Our site was very unlevel to the extent that we had to unhook the truck and use the hydraulic leveling system to be able to open the slides without damaging them but once we were level, I hooked up water (for showers or flushing) and electricity. Best of all, we had a clear and unobstructed view of the sky, so the satellite dish worked! Hallelujah!!! I'm a happy camper again!

I got a good night's sleep because we were tired and had a long day and another long day tomorrow. We'll be fine... 

So long.

No comments: