Sunday, January 10, 2016

Saturday January 9, 2016-Moving Day-Inks Lake state park to Cottonwood RV Park, Mission TX

We were up early to get things ready to leave Inks Lake. Actually I went outside at 7 and the sun hadn't risen over the trees, so I had to bump around in the dark for a few minutes. It was a chilly 46 degrees this morning but a light hoodie jacket felt just right.

We made really good time in getting packed up and we were ready to go about five minutes after eight. Both Dave and Corbin were ready before me but they haven't been here for over two months. we said goodbye to our neighbors but most of our other friends weren't out yet. I guess it was too warm in their trailers...

We made good time down highway 281 and only had minor slowdowns when we went through the towns. No big deal, and we decided to make our first "comfort" stop along the road before we got into San Antonio. We thought that was the best way to go and we had decided to make our one long stop at a Love's Truck Stop in Three Rivers. We were there longer than expected, but since it was the last stop before arriving in Mission, it was well worth it. 

We had no incidents or problems and made it to Mission about 3:30. Delia, our park owner, had just gone home for a break, but we found our sites and began backing in and getting set up before she came over. I had some trouble getting into this site but finally got in. I came in apprehensive about leaving ruts in the site like I did last year, but the ground was very soft because of recent rain. Today my problem began when I accidentally pulled the pin on the emergency brake on the trailer. Hard to pull a 16,000 pound trailer with the brakes locked! At any rate, we got that fixed and after a bit of back and forth, we were in and began setting up. 

We made it in in time to watch the second half of the Texans-Chiefs football playoff game. I was glad we made it, but after seeing how the Texans played, I'm not so sure. 


Last year we had an orange tree beside us but we changed sites and now have one across the street. As you can see, it is loaded with fruit. I can't wait to try some!


And here we are! All set up and ready to enjoy some warm weather. Someone forgot to tell Mother Nature because it was chilly last night and downright cold this morning but I'm sure that warm weather will be returning. 

So long.

No comments: