Saturday, August 16, 2014

Friday August 15, 2014-Pine View Campground, Ft. McCoy WI

It was cold again this morning but we were warmed up again by the fireplace. I worked on some Heartland stuff this morning concerning the upcoming regional rally in Amana and sent off some messages. When I got all of that squared away I worked on next summer's travels. We will be staying close to home next year for Tyler's graduation from high school and then in the fall, my 50th class reunion.

Michael and Kelly invited us to go with them into Sparta to the American Legion hall where they have a Friday night fish fry. The food was good but the young man that waited on us had a few difficulties. After finishing our meals, we came back to the campground and drove around, checking out all the trailers that have come in. They are having some kid events this weekend, so we'll stay out of the way. I don't know what we'll do exactly, but it will be fun. 

We all like these slow and uneventful days and nights. We're getting used to hearing reveille at 6AM and retreat at 5PM. There is a gun range near us so we hear the sounds of gunfire all day as well as the loud boom of artillery fire on base. I have heard everything from handgun fire to 50 caliber machine guns. Wish they would let me fire one of those babies!

So long.

No comments: