Friday, August 22, 2014

Thursday August 21, 2014-Pine View Campground, Ft. McCoy WI

We didn't do much today, slept in this morning and ate a light breakfast. It has gotten to where I must take Tramp out every morning for a long walk. When I close my computer, even if I only intend to get another cup of coffee or get a drink of water, he is up and ready to go and ends up "guilting" me to take him out. I seldom disappoint him because I like to take morning walks, so it's all good.

Michael and Kelly invited us to go over to Ft. McCoy to go to the commissary to buy groceries. Michael called and said his truck battery was dead again and he needed a jump-start. Of course I went over and we got his truck started but he decided to stay home and do some chores while we went over to the base. 

It's funny how some of the gate guards (they wear Police uniforms but I'm not sure whether they're actual Police Officers, Military Police or base Police Officers) check identification for visitors. In all of our trips onto the base, only one time have we all been asked for an ID. Most of the time, either Michael or Kelly show their military ID and we are all let in. 

We went over to the commissary and did our shopping. I went in and didn't do anything special, since Stella controls all of the shopping. I did fetch a few items for her, just to help out. She said that some things were cheaper and some not, but we bought most of the items that we need for the next few days. When we checked out, I noticed that Kelly showed her military ID, but Stella checked out and paid in cash, but the clerk said they normally don't sell to civilians but she knew we were all together, so she didn't make a big deal of it. 

We took the groceries home and went over to their place for another visit as they are leaving tomorrow. We will see them in the morning because Stella is making a farewell breakfast for them.

So long.

No comments: