Friday, November 14, 2014

Monday and Tuesday, November 10 & 11, 2014-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

I was up early as usual, and went down for men's coffee that is offered every morning in the Lone Star room. there were probably 12 guys there including several that I didn't recognize. It made me feel good to have the reception that I got, but I knew just about everyone in the room by name. It felt good to be back.

We didn't do too much else on Monday, but did decide to extend our stay here until Monday to go to the Veteran's Day party tomorrow. Ted and Donna said they had been invited and would come over if we stayed. We did sit outside in the beautiful weather and talked to many people that we know that are still staying here. Again it was nice to be back.

Tuesday morning began with more coffee with the guys. We were staying here when the morning coffee began. I would come down about 6 and start the coffee and the guys would start coming in around 7-7:30. over time things changed. We got a timer to start the coffee automatically so I, or someone else, didn't have to come in an hour early to crank it up but the guys kept coming in earlier and earlier and I learned that several of them are here around 5:30. I guess I'm not the only old man that can't sleep late. At any rate, I came down about 7 and barely got a second cup. The guys still know EVERYTHING that goes on in the park and have worked out solutions to most of the problems of the world.

We went to the Veteran's Day party in the afternoon. The park provided hot dogs and hamburgers and we all brought side dishes and desserts and as usual, it was delicious. I made the rounds, talking to new people at the park and speaking to the many old friends that I hadn't caught up with yet. We had a very nice time at the party and I am starting to realize that we miss this place and will return someday. 

So long.

No comments: