Monday, November 24, 2014

Saturday November 22, 2014-Ron Hoover Oasis

The weather guessers had predicted rain all day today so we didn't plan too much during the day. Of course, they were WRONG AGAIN so we planned nothing for no reason. Oh well...

Today is Tyler's 18th birthday and we have a family tradition that the birthday person gets to choose the restaurant. Tyler chose Red Lobster in Clear Lake. We went over to Kim's house a bit early because I wanted to go to the Academy store to buy some boots to wear when we get to Inks Lake. I will be guiding hunters and will need appropriate footwear. 

All three boys, Tyler, Cameron and Austin, Ray's son, decided to ride with us. The boys were well behaved in the store and it didn't take me very long to pick out a pair of nice boots and we were on our way to the restaurant. When we got there, about 20 minutes early, I checked for Munzees in the area and took the boys with me when I capped the two that were nearby. Tyler and Cam had seen the game played before but they helped me find it, and Austin actually recognized the QR code stickers. I still don't think any of them will become avid Munzers but it was nice having them along.

We had a fine meal and enjoyed the company. I told our waitress about Tylers birthday so they did the normal singing of Happy Birthday to Tyler- which he hated! Kim had warned me but I did it anyway. After all, you only get one 18th birthday! Tyler doesn't really hate me but he doesn't really like the hoopla of singing to him. He'll get over it!

We went back to their house for birthday cake and him opening his gifts. The cake was very good but I only had a little slice. Fat and diabetic you know...
Family is what it's all about. We try to spend as much time as we can and never have enough. 

So long

No comments: