Sunday, October 5, 2008

Week of Sept. 28-Oct. 5th

Well, things around here are almost back to normal. the cable came back on Sunday and when I got home from PA I tried the Internet and it came back on too. I finally got to use my new laptop on the Internet at home. It's really nice and I'm glad to have bought it. It's going to be good for us on the road too.

Jeremy was not able to salvage anything off the hard drive off the old computer, but the only thing I had on it was some photos from our trip to Tyler. I'm sorry to have lost them, but if that's the worst thing that happens we'll be all right. Stella had some documents on there but again they're not all that important.

I picked the boys up from the karate school on Monday and Wednesday to help me with the yard. It went very well with the three of us working. we got a lot done and lots of debris moved up to the front yard to be picked up. We got the old refrigerator and freezer out of the garage which freed up a lot of space there. It was a good thing we got it out when we did because they came by and picked all of it up the very next day.

Not too much else to report from work except it still SUCKS!! Capt. Bell told me on Thursday that my shift will change to evening shift patrol on October 14th. I got mad about it and left without saying too much to him at the time, but got home and thought about it some more. I went in Friday and talked to him about it and told him about the big rally coming up on October 17th-19th and that I had planned to take off on Thursday and Friday. He told me he can give me those four days off (comp time) but my shift will still change. We had a long discussion of our different views about shift assignments but nothing has changed. At this rate, I won't make it until August to retire. In fact, I may not make Thanksgiving. I'm going to have to give this some serious thought before I stay on patrol.

We went to Center on Saturday for Aunt Frat's 90th birthday party. I saw a lot of relatives that I don't see too often. Barbara Fisher told me that Bill really appreciated our coming to see him in the hospital before he passed away. It made me feel good to hear that.

Another week gone by,

No comments: