Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Monday September 18, 2017-Moving Day-Center RV Park to Roadrunner RV Park, Oklahoma City Oklahoma

Today is the day that we've been waiting on since April 9th. We're finally back on the rally trail since my eyes broke while we were in Mountain View Arkansas. As you will remember, I developed a problem called "Third Nerve Palsy" or Bell's Palsy in my right eye, causing some serious double vision. We came back to Dickinson thanks to Dave and Nancy, who brought our trailer back, with Stella driving our truck all the way from Arkansas.

To finish up this recap, I sped-up my already scheduled cataract surgery and recovered from the Palsy and we left Dickinson about two weeks before hurricane Harvey devastated the area. After leaving Dickinson, we spent time visiting with our friends Bill and Ornell at their home and then going to Breaux Bridge La. to visit with other friend David and Susan & Andy and Joanna.

From Louisiana we came to Center to visit my Aunt Janie and had a great time there. Center is a very small town in east Texas and everyone there is so friendly! My maternal grandmother is from Center and we visited here often when I was young. In fact, my parents moved us to Center when I was about 1.

We went to church at the First Baptist church and after three weeks of being in town, we felt like church members. It is refreshing to have folks that wave to you or greet you on the street when you don't know them. Gotta love it!

Other than being deluged by love bugs when we drove up from Louisiana and having the large (100 gallon) fuel tank start leaking, it was a pretty uneventful visit. I got the front of the trailer washed and the truck was washed by a service man in town that Janie knows and who takes care of her car. 

We weren't exactly idle while in Center. We made two trips over to Tyler, once to meet with cousin Linda and her husband Doug and their families for the Labor Day celebration and the second time for a doctor visit for Janie. We went over to Shreveport La. for a shopping trip but the highlight of the trip was a day trip back to Dickinson to pick up my new glasses and to see all the hurricane damage. Wow, what a mess!

Today's trip was long (387 miles!) but uneventful. We only made two stops at state rest areas but upon arrival here in Oklahoma City, I discovered that one of my springs on the trailer had broken. Stay tuned for the repair information on this problem.

So long.

No comments: