Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thursday, September 11, day before Ike

I got up this morning and went to work, again working alone on patrol. I really don't know what they're thinking with all the evacuations going on. I'll do the best I can, but its tough out here all alone if something major breaks.

Luckily for me and the citizens who depend on us for police protection nothing much happened. As I am being relieved, the Captain and all the other patrol officers are coming in. That's great planning, four patrol officers and the Capt. on evenings and midnight shift and only me out here by myself on patrol. I can only imagine what is going to happen during the hurricane!

I went home expecting to be called out at any time. I woke up about 12:30am by wind and a rain shower and just stayed up. The power had gone out and I figured that if I went back to sleep, I'd just sleep all the way into Friday and I can't be late to work.

Stand by for the storm report.

No comments: