Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Wednesday July 22, 2016-Marina Bay/Lake Cove RV Resort

Okay, I haven't died, only a scare...

It's only been a month since I last posted, but who's counting? It's not that we haven't been doing things, but most of it is boring - going to the doctor, etc. We have made what seems like a hundred doctor visits and most have been routine, but my visit to the cardiologist a couple of weeks ago turned out to be much more than routine. I went in for a follow-up visit and had my blood pressure checked as usual. It was a bit high at 150/73, but not high enough to be of concern to either me or the doctor and we had a nice chat. We went back home but I continued to monitor my blood pressure throughout the evening. It continued to go by small amounts, 160/78, 165/ 80, and ending with 173/85 at bedtime. Now I'm getting concerned, as there was no reason for it to continue this upward trend. We decided to go to the hospital to get checked out with a better B/P monitor and to get further advice, right? By the time we got there it had gone to 185/100... Glad I made the drive over now. Long story short is that they gave me a new medication and a second one to take in case of higher blood pressure. Brought the old B/P right back down and all was good, right? 

I didn't get to see my doctor for a couple of weeks. I did go into his office for more testing for another issue, but he was surprised when I did get to see him to learn that I had been taking this new medicine and had suffered a couple of low (123/73 and that day 118/68, with resulting dizzy spells) so he instructed me to stop taking the new meds and continue with our original plan, which has been working just fine. We'll see how this works.

Enough about me...  We have been seeing and visiting with friends and family while we are down here. We picked Cameron up one afternoon and brought him over for a visit here and he helped me set up the porch and steps. We had a nice visit and he may come back over to swim.

We went to Center to visit Janie one day and had a very nice visit but we decided it wasn't long enough. Last weekend, we had a free weekend and drove back to Center for the weekend to stay and visit with her. The problem is, we drink decaf coffee now, so she found an old coffee pot to use for our coffee. She found it, but couldn't reach it in the cabinet, so I went in to get it down and stepped up on a stool to reach it and when I stepped off, my bad left leg collapsed and I went down, hitting the back of my head.

It looks worse than it actually was, and never really bothered me. It hurt all right! but not as bad as you might think. I never lost consciousness and it only bled a little. I am fine now and it's not even sore any more.

Stella's final eye surgery is next week and if all goes well, we should be out of here and on the road again pretty soon. We certainly hope so! In reflection, this is our first time to spend any summer time in Texas since we retired and went on the road, and we are not having a good reaction to the heat. We'll have to see how this is going to work out.

So long.


Caroline said...

Glad to see your post, was beginning to worry.

TravelTiger said...

Thanks for the follow up! Missed hearing about things. Take care!