Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wednesday June 22, 2016-Marina Bay/Lake Cove RV Resort

We were up at the ungodly hour of 5 AM yesterday to get Stella to the hospital in Webster for her first-of-two cataract operations. It really wasn't that bad once my feet hit the floor, and I was showered and ready to go with one cup of decaf down before 6. 

We made the quick drive to Webster and used the valet parking service at the hospital. While Stella got checked in, I secured a couple of chairs for our wait. It wasn't very long before we were called back to the prep area and not too long after that before Kim showed up. 

I should point out that this particular wing of the hospital was PACKED with folks having eye surgery! Just about every chair was taken in the waiting area! We would see many of these faces again later today. Most were in our age group, and I thought, with approximately 50 patients being processed a week and at a cost of about $900-1,000 per, some doctors are keeping the Mercedes dealers prosperous!

Stella's surgery was scheduled for 8 AM and we were ready to go a bit after 9. She suffered no pain and had a couple of tiny red marks around her eye. Since she is in recovery, I asked her what she wanted for breakfast. She can't bend or stoop or lift anything, so I decided to treat her to the breakfast of her choice instead f asking her to make breakfast hen we got back home. She only wanted a donut, so that was easy enough. We stopped at Shipleys Donuts  and we were done! What a guy I am...

We came back home to eat and her to take it easy for the rest of the day. We both napped throughout the day so we had a nice day. We had to return to the doctor this afternoon at 4:30, so we made the short drive to the doctor's office. This is where we saw faces that we had seen this morning. Several of them looked tired and out of sorts, so I guess they didn't get a nap in like we did. 

The doctor told Stella that her eye looked great and told her to keep putting the drops in her eye and to come back in a week. Hopefully, he will schedule her second surgery then and we can hit the road again. 

I want to make a short report on this RV park. I was impressed by Suzy, the manager, when I called to inquire about the amenities of the park. She bragged that they had just spent a lot of money on their wifi Internet service, but if they did, they should ask for a refund. Reception is very limited but when I complained, she told me that "everyone else" love it and has no problems with it. I plan to ask other guests while I am walking and check her story. I'll let you know...

Speaking of other guests, I have been observing others around us. Most of them are construction workers, in the area for work. We have seen this before in other parks but these guys and gals seem to come and go more than usual. And not just moving away when the job is done, they leave their trailer here and just disappear! there was a fellow named Chris that helped me get backed in when we arrived. I saw hiim fr a day or two after, but he's gone now. His trailer is still here but he's MIA. The man next door is the same way. We've been here for two weeks and he's only been here for a couple of days a week or so ago. The guy on the other side has been in and out for the time we've been here. He comes in for a few days and then leaves. Then about four days ago, a woman showed up and now he's gone. I don't get it.

So long.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Many, many, many moons ago when I worked in the oil patch many of the wells had trailers setup for those "off-shift" to sleep in. But you had to remain on the rig until the job was finished unless it was "off days". On off days you had to live somewhere else. Although you might be working a 12-hour, 4 day shift they might need you to work extra hours. So you could be there for a week or more at a stretch.