Saturday, October 14, 2017

Tuesday-Friday October 10-13-T & S Enterprises

This blog entry will document the trading in of our 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon for a 2018 Landmark Oshkosh. We bought this coach from T & S Enterprises in Navasota Texas, and couldn't be happier about this dealer. They do what they say they will do, call back when necessary and always answer their telephones. It was refreshing to deal with an owner of the company who is so willing to make their customers happy.




The Oshkosh is a remake of the Grand Canyon, except it doesn't have the storage! I have lost room for a couple of large items in the underbelly and Stella is still trying to find places to store items in the interior. 



We love the colors, and the simple fact that the entire trailer has been painted should add to the value over the years of ownership.


One thing that I don't like is the white front end and the white ends of the slide-outs. It seems to me that it wouldn't cost that much to paint these items one of the main colors of the coach and it would make it look so much better. I have griped about it for years to no avail, so I guess I'll just have to live with it.


They will be changing my steps out to my beloved Glowstep Revolution steps.





I'm still using the Carryout antenna but will be getting a new Winegard traveler on the roof soon.



Now we will get into the working part of this week. I set our porch/steps up at the door of the new coach and they backed our old one up very close beside it, making it much easier to walk between the trailers, carrying packages.


 It seems to be a large gap between the porch and the doorway of the new trailer, but it really wasn't. I didn't have any trouble negotiating the walkway and never stumbled. Many folks have to "walk a plank" or walk on a 2 x 8 board when they buy a new rig, but this one worked out much better.



I must have gone on a serious diet to get in between the two trailers. Actually, there is more room that there seems and we all made it without problem.


This shows some of the custom work they did for me. The television started out on the wall on the right, or right out in the storage area. DJ, with T & S moved it to the opposite side and then cut down on the retaining wall that protects the television. All of my junk will soon be rearranged and probably put into boxes for storage.


Pretty nice looking rig if I say so myself!

So long.

1 comment:

Ted and Donna said...

When you and Stella started running around doing "paperwork" things and then Kelly and Mike took a 6 hour trip to do something normally done by mail I told Ted "Jay is buying a new truck or new trailer". Am I a good detective or what? Congratulations! The outside paint job looks awesome. Can't wait to see it in person. Maybe in the valley? Or sooner?