Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Saturday January 6 thru Saturday January 14, 2018-Bay Colony RV Resort and Mailing Center

This will be another catch-up entry to bring things up to date on a week that we spent at "home" in Dickinson.

Saturday January 6th we just stayed home and rested from our trip down from Inks Lake. 

Sunday January 7th we drove up to the Rayford Crossing RV Resort in Spring to visit our friends Tommy and Susan. They took us to a tiny Oriental food restaurant, whose name escapes both Stella and I. The food was good and the service as well. We will try to find it again the next time we are in the area.

Monday January 8th, Stella had to go to the cardiologist for tests to be run. While she was in the office being tested, I sat outside in my truck reading my Kindle. 
Monday afternoon we drove to Stafford where we met my good friend Emile for lunch at the Sweet Tomato in Stafford. Sweet Tomato is one of my favorite restaurants and I try to go there as often as I can find one. They specialize in salads but they also have a nice selection of Italian dishes and a good selection of soups and breads. 

Tuesday January 9th we both went to doctors. We went to Dr. Dorothy Merritt in the morning for routine wellness checkups. All of my numbers were good and when they checked my vision, mine was better than Stella's! We both had to go to the cardiologist in the afternoon, me for  routine checkup and her for results of her tests. We both passed with flying colors and were told to return in 6-9 months, which we were glad to hear. At least now we don't have to make a flying trip down for an appointment with him.

Wednesday January 10th Stella did some shopping at the JC Penney's store and some others in the mall that is nearby. After shopping we went to Gringo's Tex Mex restaurant in Texas City to meet an old friend and classmate, John Maisel. John had damage to his home and wanted to buy a travel trailer to live in temporarily while his house is repaired and I helped him choose one. John and I lived close when we were in grade schools in Galveston. It was good to spend some time with him and catch up.

Thursday and Friday we just ran errands and got some things caught up. It rained some and the weather turned cool, but we got some things done that needed doing, so we made good use of our time.

Saturday we went to the Lakewood Yacht Club for a retirement party for Frances Carter, a long-time secretary for the Hall family that owned the Citizens State Bank where she and Stella worked for many years. It was good to see many old friends. Stella saw many people that she hadn't seen in years, after her retirement from the bank. Oh, the stories that those two can tell...!

Sunday we met Kim, Ray and Tyler for a late lunch at the Topwater Grill to celebrate my birthday. Kim had invited Cameron, who has moved out of her house to live with his dad, and he declined to come. His loss...
We had a delightful meal and visit with them. Tyler just turned 21 years old and I'm pretty sure that he will be venturing out on his own soon. I miss my boys.

That about sums up our boring week. We spent time with friends and family, got some errands done and most important of all, took care of our medicals, so we are clear to travel. Rally season will begin soon.

So long.

No comments: