Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sunday March 11, 2018-Moving Day-Cottonwood RV Park to Top 'o the Hill RV Park, Boerne

Well, the day finally arrived and the rally season is starting. We traveled with Dave and Nancy again, well, at least we had plans to, but stuff happens! We both forgot to reset the clocks to daylight savings time. Actually, the only two items with clocks that I use are my computer and my I-phone and both of them (supposedly) update automatically. I woke about 5:20 and got up, thinking I had plenty of time to read the news and weather before having to get started packing. Stella woke and realized that the time was all wrong, so I had to go next door and tell Dave what had happened. He had done most of his work yesterday and didn't have much to do this morning. I had done much of my outside work and MY work was also almost done, however Stella was way behind! Oh well...

We had agreed to be ready to go at 9 and I assume it was a little before that when Dave and Nancy pulled out. I finished up my work and Stella worked hard on her part, and we actually pulled out at 9:01, but it was the old time, not DST. Traffic was light in the Mission/McAllen area and we made good time. We made the mandatory stop at the INS checkpoint near Falfurrias and just a few miles after that, we made our first pit stop at a rest area that we normally stop at. 

The scenery along the highway was very pretty, with gold and yellow buds in the trees and a small scattering of bluebonnets in the median and some road shoulders. The roads were pretty smooth and traffic light, and we saw very few State Troopers. I think most of them were working in the valley, judging by he number of troopers we saw.

We made our last stop at another rest area north of Three Rivers in the Whittset area. Wow, what a difference a couple of hundred miles made in the weather. It had been in the lower 80's in Mission, but here it was about 70 and by the time we arrived here at the Top 'o the Hill, it had fallen to the low 60's and quite windy. We had been dealing with the wind for awhile today, blowing the trailer round and absolutely killing my fuel mileage. Hey, that's the life of a traveling RV'er!

When we arrived here, we met an old friend that recently moved here from another park in Boerne. Ricky Cobb has been our friend for over ten years and we had lost touch with him when he moved away from Spring, and it was good to see him again. He ran some errands and came by our place to chat, and we got all caught up with him. 

It feels good to be back out on the road! the rally season opens...

So long.

No comments: