Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday April 3, 2011-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

The winter Texans have almost all gone now. Al and Joyce left this morning, leaving on Jerry and Diane (from Canada) left in the park. Last Wednesday, there were 7 rigs that pulled out, and we are feeling rather lonely. I helped Bill move into Warren and Judy's site after they pulled out. Bill is scheduled to stay there until November when they will return unless he and his wife find a house to buy in the meantime. I am feeling better now, but still have a nagging cough that I can't seem to get rid of. I am into my third week of this illness and have been told that it lasts from 3-4 weeks, so maybe I'll be able to kick it. I know it has been getting me down since I had it. We met Ted and Donna last night for supper. They have had a house full of relatives and have been entertaining them for the past week or so. It was good to sit and talk to them and we will be looking forward to seeing them again soon. I think we're going to just stay home today and relax. Stella's job, while an easy place to work, is starting to get to both of us. I have been letting Stella take the truck to work for the past couple of weeks to save on fuel costs and to keep from putting so many miles on the truck. It has worked, but I am tiring of being stuck here and dependent on someone else if I need to go somewhere. One thing that is going to help is our rally that is coming up. Our friends Pat and Lori are arriving next week, and it won't be long until the others arrive, and we will be busy getting ready to leave for our summer trip. I have scheduled having the wheel bearings cleaned and packed and to have the suspension inspected prior to leaving. We will decide if we need to replace the tires on the trailer then also. If we don't do it this year, we will have to replace them next year for sure. Stella and I are trying to figure out when we're leaving here and where we'll go. We're scheduled to go to the factory on June 1st for a repair and then to Trail Air for the hydraulic leveling system to be installed on the 6th. After that installation, we go to Pennsylvania for a local Heartland rally, then back to Goshen for the Heartland National rally. We're excited about the upcoming trip and will keep you advised about it. I plan to keep this blog up much better when we get back out on the road. We'll see how that works out. So long.

No comments: