Thursday, November 12, 2015

Wednesday November 11, 2015-Inks Lake State Park

We are pretty well settled in here at Inks Lake. We still can't believe how many folks are in here to host along with us. I guess it will be okay, just a bit different. We had a park host meeting yesterday and the topic was brought up that NO host can boss another around. I don't know how that is going to be received by some people here but I guess we'll see. 

Some of our old Texas Boomer friends, Jim and Kitty Gardner, came to stay at the park for a few days and it was good to see them. Today we took them to Cooper Barbecue in Llano for supper and we had a great time. We got caught up on our travels and some plans for the future. It was a very nice time with old friends.

While we were there, a group of U.S. Army soldiers came in to eat. We learned that they are at Fort Hood fr training but not where they are from. It was nice to spend time in the presence of Army heroes that are still serving on Veterans Day. I would also like to add my congratulations and thanks to all the veterans out there that served. As some of you know, my Dad served in the Navy during World War II and was injured when the LST he was on was bombed and sunk. 

My work in the park will begin in a few more days and until then I will have to find something to do. I'm sure that I can find something...

So long.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So what do all the other hosts do? Seems rather odd to have so many hosts.

Jay said...

Donna, there are lots of projects to work on from picking up trash and cleaning firepits to more skilled work like carpentry. Of course, with a bit park, there is always grass to cut and trees to trim.