Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wednesday December 29, 2010-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

Tuesday was a very routine day of work for Stella at Timber Ridge with nothing much to report. I did take my truck by Master Hitch to have the horn diaphragms replaced and to adjust the fifth wheel hitch. Now my train horn works again. I dare you to cut me off now...!

Wednesday however was a much busier day. It had rained most of the night and continued to rain all day long and with the mid-50's temperature, it felt very cold. I took Stella to work and returned home. Our friends Tom and Marti were coming in today, and Tom dropped by after he got in and got his trailer all set up, just to let me know that he had arrived. About 1:30, I went outside and did some chores and when I came back in, I had a call from Stella that some friends had come to the park to see us and couldn't get in touch with me. My friend Mike Tinklin, his wife Donna and their son Ben soon arrived at our home. They are fellow Bighorn owners from Toronto Canada who are visiting Texas to scout out places to come in another year or so to visit. They had been in Corpus Christi and North Padre Island looking at RV parks and had come to Houston to look at Rayford and to meet me. Mike and I have been messaging back and forth on Facebook and took time out to come by for a visit. We had a nice time together and they asked some questions about our lifestyle. I showed them around the park and they met the office personnel and said that they plan to return to Texas in January-February. Melissa recommended that they contact the park as soon as they can to reserve a site at the times they wish to book. They had already gotten a brochure on the park, and said they would contact her closer to time for them to make their reservations. After hugs and handshakes they left for their hotel and tomorrow's trip to San Antonio. It was good to finally meet them and we are looking forward to seeing them again in Goshen.

We had decided to take Reta to eat supper with us tonight before playing bingo. We went to Marcos with a coupon that Donna had given us, and it sure came in handy. All three of us ate for around $15, and we figured out that it was cheaper to eat out than fix it ourselves.

Of course, none of us won at bingo but we did have a good time. Tom and Marti came and we all sat together and had many laughs during the game. One of these nights, someone is going to mess up and I'll win but I'm not holding my breath.

So long.

1 comment:

Rick and Brenda said...

Happy New year to you & Stella.
We are planning a quiet evening tonight then onto Bay St. Louis tomorrow.
No party planned at Rayford this year?