Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Monday December 26, 2011-Moving day-Serendipity Bay RV Resort to Rayford Crossing RV Resort

Another cold morning on the bay here. It was in the upper 30's this morning but with the cold wind off the water it seemed colder. Again, we weren't in a very big hurry to leave but got away around 10 o'clock. While packing up, I went down to a Bighorn trailer when I saw the owner coming back home. The lady, Carol, told me that her husband John was out hunting and then I remembered him. I met him a couple of years ago, right here at Serendipity. If you've been following me that long, you might remember him. He designs and cuts out duck and goose decoys and is a very interesting fellow. Small world...

When we pulled out, I decided to stop off at a new park in Sweeny that has been advertising for work campers in their park. When we got there we had a nice short visit with the managers but I've slept since meeting them and can't remember their names. The job description wasn't bad at all and we hope to hear from them.

We pulled into Rayford about two o'clock and it only took about 30 minutes to get everything set back up. Several of our friends came by to welcome us back and it was good to be back. We're going to miss this place. Our good friends Pat and Lorie are back also, and its good to see them again. I'm trying to talk them into full timing and perhaps traveling with us. We're planning to spend next summer with them or at least with their trailer in Creede CO. Our plans are still being worked on and I'll let you know more when we figure out what we're going to do. At least we'll be nice and cool at Creede.

So long.

No comments: