Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday November 4, 2013-Inks Lake State Park

The weather men/women had forecast rain all day today, and this time-they were right! It rained all night and off and on all day. The temperatures never rose above the low 60's, so it was chilly too. 

We didn't see or hear anyone else going out to work today either, and I saw very few park employees running around. I guess everyone took a rain day off. During one lull in the rain I went down and checked out a Gator to start cleaning some of the fire pits but it was simply too wet to get into the sites. It started raining on me again before I got back to the shop, so I gave up and came home.

Stella fixed us a new recipe of tortilla soup in the crock pot and it was delicious. Then she made a banana cream pie for dessert using a no sugar added pudding that was also delicious. I'm liking these rainy days when she has plenty of time to cook!

Tomorrow and Wednesday are both supposed to be rainy days too, so there may not be an entry for those days unless something else goes on.

So long.

No comments: