Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tuesday November 12, 2013-Inks Lake State Park

The morning began cool and it only got cooler! Supposed to get cold for the next couple of days, but it will be back in the 80's by the weekend. I can stand a few days of winter because I know it will warm up soon. Remind me of this in January and February.

I went down to the shop, and as soon as John and Chip arrived, we were off to the woods to check on the deer blinds. We found that someone had done something to the Gator that we were using because the sign-out sheet was in the office with Do Not Use on it with no explanation. Jeff, the ranger in charge of maintenance and repair took off today so we didn't find out why it was down. 

John took us to some new blinds for Chip and I so we could see the layouts and start to familiarize ourselves with the locations. It was an enjoyable morning and we learned a lot. Chip brought his portable GPS so we can mark all of the blind locations on a map for the park. We saw several deer this morning and lots of deer sign. I put out more corn and we noticed that a lot of the corn that was put out over the weekend is gone, so we know they're there. Oh, and remember my comment above about January and February? John told us that it snowed on him last January during the deer hunt. I can't wait!

So long.

No comments: