Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wednesday and Thursday, November 13 and 14th, 2013-Inks Lake State Park

The two coldest days and nights here turned out to be very good days for me. I worked on the deer blinds both days and had a great time. The weather, while cold, was beautiful and it was simply a great day to be outside in the woods. We saw some deer while we were out including a very large 6-8 point buck and a smaller 4 point as well as several does. If you are familiar with deer, you know why I didn't get any photos of them. It happens so fast, I would have had to have my camera in my hand and ready to take the shot, and it's hard to drive and take photos. 

Yesterday my friend Stan came by but I didn't get a chance to talk to him. He had some surgery done last week and looked pretty good, although he was moving very slowly. It was good to see him out and about and I'll be looking forward to catching up with him again.

I came home for lunch yesterday and we ate outside on our patio. It was very pleasant when we sat in the sun but in the shade was pretty chilly. I came home from work today and we had a chat with out neighbors and made plans to go out to eat tomorrow evening. I later built a campfire and sat outside beside it for awhile before it got too cold be be comfortable, so I came inside for the evening. Stella made a beef stew that was very tasty and we settled in for the evening. 

We are getting into the swing of things around here and enjoying our stay here. We are having some visitors in a couple of weeks and I am really looking forward to seeing them. 

So long.

No comments: