Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturday November 9, 2013-Inks Lake State Park

The work week went very well. We worked on the project that we accepted, cleaning fire pits and we got them all done, between rainstorms. We and the other hosts here do not work in the rain. Our work should get to be less and less as we get the pits clean, so it should not be too much of a problem.


Thursday morning was a beautiful sunrise, out my window in the living room. These are almost an every day event up here, so I won't bore you with a lot of sunrise/sunset pictures. 

John came by and asked me to work with him and his crew on preparing the deer blinds for the upcoming deer hunts next month. We all worked pretty hard on Thursday, but John, using the tractor and mowing deck, outdid all of our efforts, and we got a couple of the blinds looking pretty good. John and I came upon a small buck standing near one of the blinds. He wasn't afraid of us or the noisy Gator. I took a couple of pictures with my phone but the deer didn't show up very well. Maybe I can get off by myself in the evening and take some deer photos to share. 

Saturday was a special Munzee day, with everyone getting 4X the points. That means that for every one deployed or captured, we get 20 points! I left home about 7:30 this morning- just after daylight- and began deploying. I started the day with 9851 points and at the end of the day I was at 11,111 points! Up two levels! Whoopee! That includes a couple of captures that I made and a couple of my own that were captured by someone else. 

One of my captures took me to the Dead Man's Hole. You can read the plaque for yourself, and it's pretty interesting. 

The hold has been filled in and is only two or three feet deep. There was a family there when I took this picture and I had a nice little chat with a 4 year old little boy. He seemed quite impressed with the hole where bad guys were buried-his words-

I ran my phone battery down twice today, so I had to sit in the truck for awhile while it powered back up. It was down to less than 30% when I got through and I'm sure it was glad when I was done. I'm gonna rest well tonight too...

So long.

No comments: