Thursday, October 22, 2015

Wednesday October 21, 2015-Center RV Park

Stella and I took a drive to downtown Center TX where many of my relatives are from. Most of them are gone now but my Aunt Janie is still there with a few others. We went to visit her for a few days and had a great time visiting her.

Stella found a man selling fruit and vegetables on the square so while she shopped, I took some photos of the old County Courthouse and the grounds. The old courthouse is now a museum but I didn't go inside.


This appeared to be the main entrance with flagpoles, benches and a statue in front.


This is the opposite side, and appeared to me to be the back side of the courthouse.


A side entrance with the year 1885 above the door.


A building with barred windows, that I assumed was the old jail. T on it.here was another building on the square with no markings or signs


The Texas Historical Society seal on the building.


Look very closely at the rings on the concrete curb. I assume that they are the old tie rings for horses around the courthouse.

As I said, we had a very nice visit with Janie and wish that there was more time to visit with all our relatives but we do the best we can.

So long.

No comments: