Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tuesday March 15, 2011-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

Our old friend Carl and his wife Faye have been packing up for the last couple of days and today they pulled out. Carl had told me and some of the other guys that he might stop by this morning for a cup of coffee but would at least stop and tell everyone goodbye but he didn't. I guess he wanted to get on the road and he just drove right on by us... He told me that he is taking about an 8000 mile trip this summer and I envy him. We are planning a nice trip but it probably won't be that many miles. Carl's leaving is just the beginning of the end for our group here at Rayford. By the end of April most will be gone but we will be here until the middle of May.

I let Stella drive the truck to Timber Ridge this morning. It was very hard to watch her drive away but it will save us a lot of money in the long run. She called to tell me that she had made it to work okay and I appreciate that. I have plenty of friends here if I need to go somewhere during the day.

We had our last potato bar tonight. The park furnishes the potatoes which volunteers wrap up and cook and then we bring toppings and it is a delicious meal. We only have a few more get-togethers for this season, and it will be sad to end it. Oh well, there's always next year!

So long.

No comments: