Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Friday, January 31, 2014-Inks Lake state park.

Today we drove over to New Braunfels to visit with Grandma Willie Mae, my step-mom. It's about 90 miles over there, and the traffic is horrendous! I'm glad I don't have to make this drive often.

She quite a herd of deer in the canyon below the house. When we arrived, I saw a large buck with about 8 points, but he didn't hang around and ran into the woods. He didn't return when I scattered some corn out, but about five of his girlfriends were in the yard about as soon as the corn came out of the scoop. They didn't seem to scared of me and kept looking for even more corn, but one big scoop is enough.


Here is a picture of Grandma with me. That's her dog Joey and I'll warn you that if you ever go over to her house, don't pet him! He doesn't like anyone but her! I took her advice and didn't try to pet him, but he seemed much more friendly the longer we stayed. 

We took her out to the Clear Springs restaurant in nearby Clear Springs. This place is known for it's catfish and onion rings, and they didn't disappoint. We had a very nice meal and some great conversation. I learned that Daddy's mother had been a suffragette back in the day. I'm sorry to say that I don't really know too much about my Dad's family. I lost contact with Uncle Bob, Daddy's brother, a long time ago and don't know what has happened with him. I assume he's gone now, but I really don't know.

It was a nice day for a drive, but we were both tired by the time we got home. 

So long.

No comments: