Monday, May 5, 2014

Sunday March 4, 2014-Ozark RV Park, Mountain View AR

We had a very nice day today in spite of some of our Heartland friends having to go home. I saw Luke off but missed Don and Joyce, who had already left when I went outside. 

Most of the rest of us went to am old fashioned church service in one of the buildings here in the park. Andy, the RV park owner, led the singing of some old hymns and that was good to hear. Brother Joe was from the old school of preachers, doing his sermon from the Bible. He did mention someone from long ago, Angel Martinez, that I had heard in revivals in Galveston. I think Brother Joe was shocked when I told him that I remembered Angel and his flamboyant colored suits. 

After church we went to the Folk Center to the Iron Skillet restaurant for a great buffet lunch. We all ate too much but the food was great and the friends even better. 

We returned to the park and relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. We sat outside later in the afternoon and visited with our friends on our last evening with them. We went over some things with Billy and Janice for their new job as chapter leaders and then had a nice chat with Dave and Nancy, who are hooking up with us to travel together to several rallies. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, traveling with another couple. We are looking forward to it.

So long.

No comments: