Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend News

Well another weekend has come and gone. We got a lot accomplished; went to two of Cameron's baseball games. They won the first game which closed out the All Star season, but Saturday they got beat out in the first game of the playoffs. Cam has decided to keep playing this summer in another league. He just loves to play baseball and always has a smile on his face in the game. It doesn't matter where they put him, he's just glad to be playing.

We went to Sam's and bought essentials there. I looked at a Garmin 200W GPS unit. I came home and did some research on it and found that for a GPS that does nothing but navigation, they are hard to beat. I think it will come in handy in the future in our travels around the country. we will likely pick one up soon.

After that, we went to Wal Mart for groceries. We haven't been to the store in a couple of weeks or more, so we spent a lot more than normal but it was all stuff we needed. We bought a few items to take on the trip to Branson too, and are getting excited about the upcoming trip. The boys found out that we're going to Rayford next weekend and want to come along with us, so softies that we are, we agreed. It will be fun to bring them to the park. They will fish and swim all weekend, so they won't be much of a problem for us.

I got the truck all washed up and used some Ice clay bar on the hood and front fenders. I had some bad discoloration on the hood and some of the neighborhood kids egged my truck a couple of years ago and I missed a small area on the fender, but the clay bar did a good job of taking most of it off. I then used some spray wax that I had bought and it made the truck shine like a new one! After finishing up the wash/wax job we went to Kim's house where I swam with Cameron-Tyler said he didn't want to come back in the pool because he had spent a couple of hours in the pool before I got there. I didn't stay in very long, less than an hour, and still got the tingly scalp from the sun. Jeremy fixed some sausage on the grill along with corn and cole slaw. It was very good, as usual. Lucky for Kim that Jeremy's such a good cook. This is the last full week before vacation. With my luck something will come up at the last minute before we leave. I hope not.....

Signing off for now.

No comments: