Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunday November 7, 2010-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

Here is my old truck that I'm trading off for the new Ram 3500. It has been a great truck, very dependable and got great fuel mileage until just recently. I hope it finds a good home.
The only thing left in the bed was the 100 gallon fuel tank. I bought it from Bill and he said he will help me take it out using his tractor to pick it up.

Here it is, sitting in the bed after we took it out and moved it to the end of the bed. It was empty, so it didn't weigh as much as we thought, so we just picked it up by hand and moved it into Bill's mule and moved it into his barn.
We had an easy trip down to Bill's house in Port Acres, near Beaumont. It is only about 80 miles down there, so we made it down in a little over an hour. It was good to see Bill and Ornell again, even though we had seen them a couple of weeks ago at the Heartland rally here at Rayford.
We sat around visiting with them until Bill decided to fix us some hamburgers for supper. They were delicious and after lunch, we moved into the living room and watched the Houston Texans get beat by the Chargers. It was sad to see, but not as sad as the Dallas Cowboys later in the evening.
We left Bill's house about 4 o'clock and soon after hitting the freeway to come back home, I called Tommy and Susan. They wanted to meet us on our way home, so we made arrangements to meet at the IHOP at I-10 at Uvalde. We had a nice visit with them but were too full to eat too much. We ate a couple of things off their plate after they insisted. After hugs and handshakes, we came on back home. The doggies were certainly glad to see us. They had been cooped up all day long and were ready to go out! After tending to them, we relaxed in our recliners, watching the beatdown of the Cowboys. So sad...
It's going to be a kind of sad affair tomorrow when we say goodbye to the old truck, but I am looking forward to the new truck. I have received several congrats on the new truck and I appreciate them. I've never owned a Dodge, so this will be a new experience for me.
So long.


No comments: