Thursday, May 28, 2015

Sunday May 26, 2015-Alamo Fiesta RV Park

As you know, we are here in Boerne for the Texas Boomers 15th Anniversary rally and we are enjoying seeing several of our old friends from the group. That's about the best I can say about the rally and let it go at that...

The big news of the weekend was the weather and the flooding in the hill country. We didn't have any damage at the park but someone had a rain gauge and said we got 9.9 inches! of rain. I certainly believe it. It's been a long time since we've gotten rain that hard for that long. We went out in the afternoon and I took some photos of the high water on River Road in Boerne but I just got a new computer and can't find the photos on it. When I do, I'll share them with you. 

We were so lucky to not have suffered any damage or injuries. There were several fatalities in the hill country, people lost their homes and many RV parks were completely covered with water. My daughter Melissa had come to New Braunfels with a group of friends to camp out in their tents near the Guadalupe river. I talked to her Saturday night and they had been moved back away from the river and later they were moved again even higher. 

So long.

No comments: