Saturday, January 23, 2016

Friday January 22, 2016-Cottonwood RV Park

The three of us guys, Dave, Corbin and I decided to do some "guy stuff" today and go to a local gun range for some target practice. We went to the Shooters Alley that is only a few miles from us here. We had a bit of trouble finding the place because of some road construction in the area but we finally found it. 

It felt good to get in some practice time and I learned that I haven't lost my touch. I shot my .357 magnum revolver, practicing more "tactical" shooting of double taps from shorter (5-7 yard) distances out to a longer distance of 21 yard, double action rapid fire shots at the targets head. I kept all the shots in a 2" pattern, all kill shots. I was very satisfied with my shooting and we plan to go back soon. We learned that the gun range has a luncheon and we'll probably come back for that.

We came back home and Dave and I spent about an hour cleaning pour weapons. We took the rest of the afternoon off to rest. Dave and I went over the things we need on hand for tomorrow's planned work on my trailer. We believe that everything is in place to complete this project barring something unforeseen. We have been eating very well for the past week, so we decided to just stay home and eat lighter tonight. Felt pretty good...

So long.

No comments: