Saturday, January 23, 2016

Thursday January 21, 2016-Cottonwood RV Park

This will fill in what we did this week until Thursday. We've been pretty busy and I just haven't sat down and done these entries.....until now.

Sunday morning we went with Dave and Nancy to the Furr's Fresh Buffet for their delicious breakfast buffet. As usual, we overate but in fairness to us, it was the only meal that we ate that day. We came home and watched the football playoffs.

Monday, Stella and I went to Wal Mart for Stella to get her hair cut and to buy groceries. I got out in the parking lot and chased some Munzees, which is something I haven't done in awhile, but it just doesn't feel the same. Maybe I'll play the game again but not right now.

The weather was great on Tuesday and I walked run the park for about 2 miles which is a bit of an increase in distance. I have been walking every day for at least 30 minutes per my doctor's orders but with the good weather I decided to walk a bit more. 
Tuesday evening we went to another RV park down the street to see the Gold Wing Express, a group that we have seen before and at the Goshen rally a couple of years ago. We enjoyed their performance with Dave and Nancy.

Wednesday, Donna came and picked us and Nancy up to go to the Winter Texans ExPo in McAllen. It was a big show for this area with booths for us Winter Texans. There were plenty of RV parks, medical services, including hospitals and clinics that gave free blood pressure tests and other light services. For the record, my blood pressure was 132/82 pretty good numbers. There were plenty other booths of interest to us and we saw some pretty good performers there too. We saw a group called Southern Anthem perform and were so impressed, we intend to find one of their shows to see before we leave.

We came on back home and decided to head over to the Don-Wes flea market. I wanted to talk to a fellow with a booth there about becoming a vendor at our rally in Branson but I learned that he had prior engagements already. I did buy a new double water filter for the trailer. This was something I've been wanting to do for awhile and I can already taste better water from the tap. 

We came back home and picked up Dave and went to Cheddar's for supper. They have really good food at reasonable prices. Dave had played golf today and was tired and we had had a busy day, so it was a treat for all of us.

This morning, Stella went down to the laundry and washed clothes while I worked around the house. I ran the vacuum inside and swept out the dust that has accumulated. I worked on getting my new water filter set up and got a few other chores done. When Stella came back home, we worked on getting the trailer re-positioned on a more level area of the site. This should make the rest of the suspension replacement easier to do and gives us a better site placement. We'll see how this works out.

Nancy and Dave wanted to fix burgers on their Kraeger grill, so we all contributed the fixin's and burger patties and we had a fine meal. It was nice to sit out with our friends but as soon as the sun went down, the temperatures fell, so it cut our visit time short. 

So long.

No comments: