Saturday, February 25, 2017

Friday February 24, 2017-Cottonwood RV Park

We were up at an ungodly (for a retiree) hour this morning to go to the dentist. Dave had an 8AM appointment and I had an 8:30 at my dentist. This visit was to remove any remaining stitches and a general checkup of the work that had been done. Traffic was very light this early and we walked across the International bridge about 7:30, even before the beggars were out in force. 

Since we were the first ones on the list, I was soon in the chair and my checkup was done quickly. My stitches had all dissolved, so there was nothing to actually do in my mouth except to check the healing of my gums. I got an excellent report and was told to come back next Friday for a realignment, just before we are scheduled to leave.

We went to one of our favorite restaurants in Progresso, Rene's, for breakfast. The place was not as packed this early, but it soon filled up. It's hard to beat a $7 breakfast! The food is good and plentiful and it's fun to people-watch. There is a mariachi band that comes around to serenade you at your table and will sing requests at times. 

After breakfast, we meandered back to the truck and made the 25 mile drive back home. It had been a good morning and we were glad to be back home before it got too hot. Predictions are for the mid-90's today.

So long.

No comments: