Monday, February 6, 2017

Monday January 31, 2017-Bay Colony R Resort

I am fast-forwarding to bring you up to date on where we are and what we are doing. 

We are leaving Dickinson today, traveling to Mission by way of Victoria. It should be an easy drive with few problems with freeways for most of the way and a trip that we have made many times.

We had doctor visits with Dr. Merritt, our PCP, who checked me for my diabetes. She gave me a good bill of health but wants me to start taking a new medicine called Farsiga (sp?). I'll let you know how that goes...

We both had to go to Dr. Shalaby, our cardiologist. We took echo, carotid and other tests to keep up with our hearts. Everything went very well an we came away with good reports.

Now for the kicker...  Stella had a follow up with Dr. Milstein of the famous Eye Clinic of Texas in League City where she had had her cataract surgery done last summer. She was only in the office for a few minutes and was released. My turn. I hate drops in my eyes! Anyway, I too have cataracts and will start my treatment in August, so we'll get to spend another heat-of-the-summer in Dickinson. And we had such nice plans with Dave and Nancy for the summer. Oh well, I need to be able to see to drive, so it'll be worth it! Maybe we can still do something with them anyway.

It is not nearly as hard to leave here as it is Inks Lake, but now we'll be back here sometime in August. We'll be able to make all the local rallies and the National rally in Goshen and who knows where we'll be before returning to Dickinson.

So long.

No comments: