Monday, August 27, 2012

Friday August 24, 2012-Mountain View RV Park

We had some serious storms up here while we've been here, and when it storms, it STORMS!

Here you can see the storm clouds coming up over the mountains. It soon began to rain hard-it was raining on me when I took this photo- but it really came down after I went back inside.

As you can see by Pat's flagpole, there was no wind at all, at least right now there wasn't. He lost another flagpole in a storm soon after we arrived, but he repaired it and so far, it's working.

We make up for the storms with the sunrises. This is some of the decorations around the park and the elk is the first thing guests see when they arrive. It is even more beautiful in the morning light.

We are at 8800 feet above sea level, and the clouds are frequently below the mountains. They normally hug the mountains until around mid morning.

I think I've told you about Cassie and her fear of thunder. She runs around, looking for someone to protect her when she hears the extra loud claps here in the mountain, but I found out that she also hates the sound of the smoke detector. The battery began to run down and she ran to me to keep her safe. I was sitting in my chair when she came and jumped up beside me. When it chirped again, she crawled up onto my chest, so when I tried to put her down to go change out the battery, she scratched my arm. I didn't realize how much I bled until I started to remove the detector and saw blood running down my arm. It was really only a couple of scratches, but I'm a good bleeder-I take aspirin- but it looked much worse than it really was.

I think I've figured out how to get photos downloaded now, so please check back.

So long.

No comments: