Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday August 22, 2012-Mountain View RV Park

Another very slow and rainy week up here in Creede. I am expecting much cooler temperatures soon and that will also cause the Aspen trees to begin their color change. I will take plenty of photos and hope I can add them to show them to you.

We have started to see the seasonal people start to leave. A couple of times, the sites on our street have been mostly empty, but right now there are two rallies in the park, an expensive motorhome group and an Excel 5th wheel group. Neither group is particularly friendly but they seem to be having a good time. I'm certain that after Labor Day, we will see an outflow of trailers but we're sticking it out until the 27th or 28th of Sept.

I intended to show you some photos and figures poking fun at the Chick-Fil-A controversy that was recently in the news but the system won't let me copy and paste from the email. I can quote from them:

So, you stopped eating at Chick-Fil-A because the owner of the company thinks that homosexuality is wrong.
Tell me when you're going to stop buying gasoline because the owners of OPEC put homosexuals to death.

And you won't eat there because their owner is a Christian?
...Tell me more about your tolerance and their bigotry.

I also like the photo of a McDonalds sign with the golden arches. The marquee says:
We support Chick-Fil-A
Now try to boycott us...

That's all I got for now.

So long.

No comments: