Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday March 11, 2014-Montgomery KOA

Yesterday was a very slow day around here. Stella washed our clothes while I took care of some things that I need to get done. I called the new Chief of Police in Manvel to find out what I need to do to obtain a letter from him after I qualify with my weapon. He told me the steps that I need to do, so now I will move forward.

Today we met Mack and Mattigene Willoughby, our friends from Indianapolis, to have lunch at one of Stella's favorite restaurants, Pitmaster Barbecue in Spring. We had a nice meal with them and a nice long visit. Sadly, we won't be able to hook up with them this year when we travel near Indy, but we'll be back down here in the fall, so maybe we can get together here again.

I had gotten in contact with one of my high school classmates, Donna Mathis, and learned that she and her husband live near the park. We had been trying to get together for a visit but it just hadn't worked out. Today everything fell into place and she agreed to come over here for some coffee and a visit. As it turns out, she worked for many years at another Galveston county bank, so she and Stella had a lot in common. We had a nice chat, reminiscing about the "old days" and talked a little bit about our 1965 class reunion next year. I'm looking forward to it.

Nice to keep in touch with old friends.

So long.

No comments: