Friday, April 25, 2014

Thursday April 24, 2014-Paradise Lake RV Resort, Nacogdoches TX

We had a very nice day today but it started out too soon. My leg was bothering me and I woke very early from the pain, but soon after getting up and going into the living room, I was back asleep in my chair. 

We are going back over to Center this evening to have supper with Janie and Gail and were being joined by my cousin Linda and her husband Doug who were coming over from Tyler. The four of them were going on a weekend trip to Houston and Dallas so this was my chance to see all of them.

Stella needed to go to the store, so we went to Wal Mart, where I happened to know that there are a lot of Munzees. It's been awhile since I've really played the game and I thought that this will be a good chance to start playing again.

We made the pretty drive to Center and had a very nice visit with Janie and Gail before Doug and Linda arrived. They own a marketing business in Tyler and couldn't leave until after work, but as soon as they arrived, we sat down and had a great meal of barbecued ribs and a pork loin with veggies that was prepared by Janie. The meal was very good but the conversation was even better. It's been a long time since we've been able to sit down to a meal with this part of the family. Our traveling lifestyle is a lot of the cause of this, and I plan to do as much as I can to spend more time with family. 

Janie asked me why I was awake and sending her messages at 4 AM. I told her about my leg issues, and that got me in trouble with her (in a nice way) about not going to a doctor. She reminded me several times during the evening to go get it checked out, and I will when I can, but then when I got home tonight, my leg didn't bother me and I slept through the night with no further pain. I hope it lasts! It's miserable to wake to the pain and not be able to find a comfortable position.

So long.

No comments: