Sunday, September 14, 2014

Friday and Saturday, September 12 & 13, 2014-Burlington Bay Campground

It was cold again this morning (Friday) and I slept until after 7, sort of a record for me. I went outside around 8 and Tom had the fire going again, so it was nice to sit at the campfire with our coffee. We got a coupon for a discount on breakfast at a place called Louise's Place here in town and it was GREAT! They have a good selection of omelets and pancakes and serve outstanding selections of home made bread. I had cranberry-wheat with my omelet and Stella had plain white.  Delicious!

We left Louise's and tried to use another coupon at the local Dodge dealer to have our truck serviced but when I went in, they told me they could only give me a slot the week after next. Wow, I couldn't wait that long to have the oil changed, so we left to find someplace else in Two Harbors. Stella used the GPS to search for a place and the first that we went to was a vacant lot. Must not have been a good place for service. We tried one more place, and the building was tiny with cars parked in every available slot. The only employee was sitting in someone else's truck trying to diagnose a problem. After about 1 15 minute wait, he emerged and told me that he couldn't possibly work on my truck today. Well! so much for shopping in town. We soon found a place in Duluth and got the truck all fixed up and were on our way back in an hour or so.

We came back home in time for me to take a short nap before meeting with the rally group to go to a place called Dixie's for the Friday night fish fry. The fish was haddock and tasted good, but I only ate one plate. One was plenty! We came back to the park and had another bonfire (campfire). Tom and their friends Steve and Cathy brought a lot of firewood, so we had plenty. Tonight was to be a great showing of the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) but it wasn't until midnight. Several made it that late, but I wasn't among them! I stayed out until after 10, but it was cloudy and I didn't think the show was going to be very good, and that turned out to be the case, just too cloudy. Bummer!

Saturday morning was an early morning for all because we went over to Silver Bay for a boat cruise. I forgot to take my camera with me, so no pictures-sorry! The boat ride was very windy and cold but the lake and the area around it is beautiful. 

We returned to the park to look at the new Landmark 365 Newport trailer that Bullyan RV brought over for us to look at. It is pretty but I think we'll keep what we have for now. 

We had our evening meal, a potluck with pulled pork as the main meat dish, at the city-owned ice hockey rink. It all went off without a hitch and the food, as usual, was delicious. We came back for our last bonfire and got lots of visiting in. Still no Northern Lights...

So long.

No comments: