Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday January 12, 2015-Moving day-Inks Lake state park to Center RV Park, Center TX

I have been keeping up with my uncle Gail for the last few days. He has been really ill for awhile and he took a turn for the worse. Early this morning I got a text from my cousin Linda that Gail had been transferred to ICU due to some blood clots. We were scheduled to go to Mission TX to meet some Heartland friends and later this month, to host a dealer open house at the Ron Hoover dealership, so we continued with packing up and were on the road about 9:30. We made good time but about 10:30 I got another text from Linda that Uncle Gail had passed away. We immediately pulled over and changed our destination to the Center RV Park. I love my Aunt Janie and Uncle Gail and want to go help them in any way I can and of course, to pay my respects.

We made pretty good time but we don't usually travel back roads with only two lanes. It was tiresome for me, but it will be worth it once we get there. We traveled a long way in the Davy Crockett National Forest where I had hunted in many years ago. Stella said that I hunted with Davy himself but I'm pretty sure he was gone by the time I got there. The point to all of this is that we had no cell service for most of the day.

We got here just before dark, about 5:30. Have I told you I HATE to set up in the dark? Stella and I often remark that these days are over for us, but today was the exception to the rule. First of all, most of the sites are covered with standing water in them. Stella said she would like a site with lights for her to walk the dogs after dark. She picked out the perfect site with no water, nice lights, so I pulled up and began setting up.The very first thing I did was connect the electricity, which was a good thing. We have a surge protector to keep our equipment safe and it wouldn't hook up the electricity to our trailer. There is a built-in timer on the protector, so I used that time to pull out the water hose and sewer hose. When it wouldn't work, I stopped what I was doing and went to another site and checked out the electricity, which worked perfectly. Luckily for me, I had not unhooked the truck from the trailer so it was easy to move over a couple of sites and got back to work. It wasn't long before everything was again hooked up. Now the water hose sprung a leak! It's one we had just used at Inks Lake but I was so aggravated by now that I just changed to another hose and all was well. 
AT LAST!!!

Did I tell you that I HATE to set up in the dark? 

So long.

No comments: