Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday April 18, 2016-Bay Colony RV Park

We had a nice weekend, spending time with friends and family. Friday night e met old friends Mike and Patrice and Everette and Fay at the Center Buffet in League City for some good Oriental food. Both of the other couples are Heartland owners and we shared some old camping stories and talked about future plans. Nice time...

Sunday morning we met Kim and Ray and the boys for breakfast. We started out at the Cracker Barrel in League City but the line was way too long. Then we tried Kelly's, also in League City, but again the line was out the door. We finally went back to the original Kelly's restaurant in La Marque and got good service and great food. The old restaurant came through again! 

Sunday afternoon we met my brother Phil and his wife Carol at the San Laurenzo restaurant in League City, not far from our park and their house. We have eaten here before and the food is good with good service. After finishing our meal, we went over to their house for some delicious lemon cake that Carol had made.

The big news was the storm last night and into this morning. Houston had lots of flooding which made the national news and we had plenty of rain and I'm sure that there was some minor street flooding but nothing that affected us here in the park. We watched all the excitement on TV from the comfort of home. Another reason for me to be thankful for being retired, else I would have been out there in the high water.

This is the boat ramp on Dickinson Bayou at State Hwy. 3. Yes, there is a boat ramp under all that water.

Same location with a better view of where the piers are with the ramp beside them. Of course the highway bridge is behind.

The picnic table is probably 20 feet from the water under normal conditions. It would be hard to have a picnic today!

Some of the original settling families own homes across the bayou from the park. They normally have a very nice view of the bayou.

It would have been hard to do anything today! Well, you'd have gotten your feet wet if you needed to go...

Water up over the path and into the covered shelters. Not a good day in the park.

I didn't put my rain gauge out until after 9AM and in less than 2 hours we got 4 1/2 inches of rain. The rains pretty well stopped after I checked it and I didn't bother with another reading. It's supposed to rain every day for the rest of the week, but hopefully not like today. We'll see how that works out.

So long.

No comments: