Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday May 22, 2016-Ozark RV Park

Today, being Sunday, turned out to be an all day church attendance for us. We went to the in-park service at 9:30 ad followed that with a delicious lunch at The Skillet restaurant located on the grounds of the Folk Center State Park. The church service is run by a retired pastor, Brother Bob, and was a typical Baptist type of service with singing followed by a short sermon. The singing was led by Andy, owner of the RV park and we all enjoyed the service. We followed Billy and several others from the park that had been at church to The Skillet and we all enjoyed our meal.

We came back home and later Stella and I made a run to Wal Mart to pick up one of my prescriptions and a few other items there. While Stella shopped, I did something that I haven't done in a long time, captured Munzees. It was fun to get back out and cap some again!

We returned home and decided to hook up with Dave and Nancy and go down to the town square to listen to music this afternoon. There were lots of chairs being set up in front of the courthouse and I learned that there would be music there around 6, so we went back to Wal Mart for Dave and Nancy. We returned to the courthouse right about on time and soon learned that the music would provided by a church service of the Faith Tabernacle Apostolic church. David and Susan also came over to listen.

When I was a teenager, I went to visit one of my cousins in east Texas whose family attended a Pentecostal church and I remember how strange their services were compared to the Baptist church services where I went. They haven't changed! There was a guest Evangelist from Louisiana that played guitar and danced around the pulpit as he sang and he put on quite a show. I'm just not used to rock and roll guitar being played to religious music. It wasn't bad, just different. And it was the first time in a looooong time that I went to two church services in one day.

We left before the preaching started and before they got too "wrought up in the music". There was a group of church-goers that began dancing and whooping and hollering, so before it went too far, we left.

We enjoyed some of the music but wish there had been folk music being played tonight. We'll return in the next few days and enjoy more of the music we came to see and hear.

So long.

No comments: