Saturday, July 7, 2012

Friday July 6, 2012-Mountain View RV Park

The last two days have been bad for me. Wednesday night there was a big thunderstorm-although no one heard the thunder or saw the lightning- that knocked out power here in the park. It happened about 3 o'clock in the morning and was back on in about an hour, so you would think, who cares? Well, the power outage also knocked out my satellite dish and the parks wifi Internet connection. Remember I complained about the park wifi? Well it hasn't gotten any better but now it was down completely. My own Verizon MIFI is not any better because we are in a marginal reception area. So Thursday morning I had no television and no Internet.....BUMMER!

I went several times to the office to inquire about the wifi but was always told that "they're working on it". We decided to begin using our new 4G MIFI card but soon learned that it would only receive in 3G mode because that is all thats available here. Then today when we tried to use the new card, we were told by Verizon customer service that we needed to go to a better location to enable the new card, so we had to drive 20 miles to South Fork to get the card "turned on". We got it done and returned home, hopeful that everything will work better. Nope, didn't happen. The park's wifi doesn't even show up on the screen any more and the Verizon card is very, very slow. I just learned this morning that the post I made on Wednesday had not gotten posted, so I put it up for you to read, but I still can't post pictures because of the slow connection.

Don't worry though, I'll find a way to get them posted and keep you advised of whats going on with us.

So long.

No comments: