Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday May 13, 2013-Elkhart Campground

Yesterday, Sunday, it rained and was cold, so we didn't get out all day long. I'll be glad when they start the church services here in the park. They had a man that was staying here a couple of years ago that did a Bible study on Sundays but I haven't seen him back in the park yet, Perhaps he'll come back soon.

It was another cold morning, about 36 degrees, but the furnace and fireplace kept us warm. I'll be sooo glad when winter finally leaves for good, but that is beginning to look like July! The day improved with clear skies and warming temps, but it only warmed into the upper 50's but still a pleasant day.

Stella wanted to go shopping at Wal Mart, so I took her to the store and while she was inside shopping, I captured most of the Munzees that had been deployed in the parking lot. This was my first experience in large numbers but I think I did all right. Some of the Munzees that I captured did not show up so I recorded a few more than once, but my phone soon told me of those. I'll get it figured out soon and may go back out tomorrow to get some more. Today I went from only 1 capture, level 2 to




In case you don't know what a Munzee is, it is a cross between geocaching and a scavenger hunt. You are looking for small pieces of paper with a QR-code barcode and use a Smartphone to "capture" the Munzee. When deployed, or stuck onto a flat surface, the geographical and GPS coordinates are recorded by your Smartphone where the munzee is deployed. It can be camouflaged, or left in plain sight. Hopefully, the more I play, the better I'll get. It's real popular with my friends, but I probably won't be as avid as some of them. We'll see how this works out.

So long.


No comments: