Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday July 15 2013-Heartland Resort

Today we went to the Irving Materials Inc. to see a collection of big game animals that the owner has collected. I found this place from my friend Kelly's blog called RoadsideAmerica.com that you can find interesting sights while traveling. I called and found that they allow people to come in and take a look at the collection. 

That's a big 'ol polar bear! 

 Lions, Tigers and Bears, oh my!

A beautiful wolf. 

A javelina with a striped hyena behind it. 

 Rhino head

 I believe this is a Kodiak bear, one of the largest members of the bear family.

 A buffalo or bison.

 A moose.

Large elk. 

Stella doesn't seem to be too concerned about this lion. There must have been 100 or more animal trophies displayed from all over the world. I'll bet this man can really tell some camping and hunting stories!

If you're ever in the area, go by to check out this place. And bookmark the Roadside America site and see what is around you, even at home. Have fun.

So long.

1 comment:

2psnapod1 said...

Yay! Glad to see you were able to find something fun to do via Roadside America! I LOVE it!