Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tuesday February 9, 2016-Moving Day-Gateway to the Gulf to Palms RV Park, Dickinson TX

We were up before 7AM this morning but the bed was warm and I was lazy and stayed in it until about 7:30. I knew that I didn't have that much to do this morning, so I took it easy. The same "lazy bug" must have bitten Stella too because we didn't get out until 9:30 or so. We only have about 150 miles to drive today and it's freeway all the way, so no worries!

We made the obligatory stop at Buccee's in Wharton for clean rest rooms, cheap fuel and good snack foods. Of course, we didn't make it there in time for breakfast burritos but we did get some nourishment and excellent coffee. And those Heartland coffee cups keep the coffee piping hot for hours! In fact, we both finished our coffee after we got here and were all set up, about 4 hours after leaving the store. Amazing!

We got to Dickinson and immediately noticed very little has changed in our old hometown. I did notice that the  bank where Stella worked for many years was empty of cars in the parking lot, both employees and customers. I first thought it must be a bank holiday but it's not. Stella said that the last time she was in the bank, there were few customers. Sad...

We were set up completely by 1 or so, and we were able to sit down and take a break, drinking our coffee (see above). I was apprehensive about this park, never having been here before. It was a straight back-in site, which are more difficult to get into than an angled one, but I was lucky and got backed in on the first try. This seems to be a nice quiet park but time will tell how we like it. I'll let you know...

So long.

No comments: