Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wednesday February 3, 2016-Cottonwood RV Park

Today was the dealer open house at the Ron Hoover RV dealership in Donna. Stella and I went to the dealership about 10AM but Jim had already beaten us there with some door prizes. The tables and chairs had been set up to accommodate 300 people and folks began rolling in a little before 11:00. We were a bit disappointed that only about 75 people came but we still had a good time and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. 

We saw lots of old friends and I saw a few people that I had met in the RV parks around us. I spent a couple of days walking the parks inviting people to this event and it apparently paid off. There was one lady that I met that was upset over her refrigerator, but she came anyway and I had a nice chat with her and her husband. I made a couple of suggestions on fixes for the fridge and I hope one of them helps them.

We went from the dealership to the Don-Wes flea market where we walked around for a couple of hours. I bought a few odds and ends, so it was a worthwhile trip.

We came home to rest for awhile before meeting everyone at Martha's Tacqueria for supper. We ended up with 14 of us eating, and had a great time, but we always have a great time with our Heartland friends. There were still a few couples that weren't here but maybe next year...

So long.

No comments: