Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friday October 1, 2010-Moving day-Bentsen Palms RV Resort to Serendipity Bay RV Park

I woke about 7:15 this morning and Tommy and Susan were gone! I hadn't heard them up but they were gone. We got busy and packed things up and pulled out a little after 10. We don't get in that much of a hurry because we're not going that far today and we like it that way. We understand that others that are still working have to be at their destination but we have the luxury of traveling as we please.

I was very apprehensive about getting out on the road with the new water pump in place, but everything was fine. The temperature gauge never wavered and we made good time. We made a couple of pit stops and pulled into the park here in Palacios about 3 o'clock. It was a very uneventful drive and a good day to travel. We noticed a lot of RV's coming south to the Rio Grande Valley, and it will soon fill up. We are finalizing plans for another Heartland luncheon and will return in January. We can't wait!

So long.

PS-It was brought to my attention that I made a mistake the other day when I told you about the steak dinner. Tommy actually bought and cooked the steaks and Donna fixed a pork tenderloin for Ted's birthday dinner. When I make mistakes like this, I feel very bad about it but this is what I get for falling behind in my blogging. I'll try to do better.

No comments: